Top tips for the perfect invoice.
- Should be prim and proper.
- Necessary task.
- Keeping clients informed of your expectations, will aid in getting paid in time whilst retaining your professionalism.
Their details an yours:
- Client Adress , the name of clients contact who handles the account.
- Your company name, your address , your names, your telephone number an email.
- Every available avenue of contact therefore no excuses when it comes to client saying can’t contact you.
Itemised list of services:
- Want to know what there paying for.
- Each stage of design explain in detail, print pieces how many etc.
- Be specific.
- Specify the rate of the job, could be hourly or for the whole project.
Include your terms:
- When payment shall be received.
- What happens if deadlines are missed.
- To allow for overdue notices/charge interest, need to have a rock solid paper trail.
- Cheque/Mail transfer.
- Explicitly clear about what you expect and in what form.
- Discuss beforehand with the client, just to be clear on project expectations.
- Number invoices, systematically an chronologically , easier to track.
- Appreciation if the key you have worked very hard to produce to the clients needs, make them aware you appreciate them using your services.
- Vice versa, great opportunity for you, always could ask for a testimonial will help gaining future clients.
Image – https://www.pinterest.com/glotte/invoices-facturen-offertes/