Grids are used across all areas of Design, there a simple set of rules that if followed will make it easier to work with layout.
1.Create a new document 180mm/240mm, always with the 3mm Bleed
2. Click on the A-Master, as anything you apply to all pages.
3. Go to Layouts – Margins – Create 2 columns and a gutter of 4mm
4. Click on the Indesign – Preferences – Grids
5. Change start to 0mm , make relative to top margin, with an increment of 14.4, check unlock grids in back. Results in not being able to see the grids.
6. View – Grids/Guides – Show baseline grid, use on all work very important.
7. Add page numbers – Drag ruler to 230 – create text box – Type – Insert Special Character – Create new paragraph style, so can then copy an apply to all pages.
Apply to anything you make an create in indesign. Allows you to align things correctly so there visually pleasing.