Research an important part to any project or client work, though collecting correct pieces of information you become more knowledgable about the intended outcome.
Why an How to research
- Research is not inspiration.
- Know Audience , who they are , what they need.
- Know the Client, who they are , brand guidelines, customer base, brand ethos an style. LINKS WITH ABOVE.
- Context, where the work is going , audience ideals, copyright, design.
What to research
- Previous work, client , personal , general.
- Client user profiles
- End user profiles , audiences.
- Budget, good clue of the expectations of the client. More money higher quality an so forth.
- Resources, may hire in , dependent on budget.
- Technology, tech processes, keep up to date.
- Competitors, who else sells to the intended audience.
Form of research
- Reading, blogs , books, journals, previous work.
- Observations, client work.
- Testing, what ideas are relevant for that client and or audience.
- Bricolage, DIY, looking around you what you can make from that an how can you make that new.
- Intervention, how people react to it, how could solve an need or a problem.
- UEX, user experiences, web, monitors where the readers eye go to an how long they spend reading certain information.
Useful to learn how an what to research, so it is a hundred percent useful for the project at hand.
Image – http://starlightglobalfilms.com/pre-production/